Saturday, April 18, 2009

Final Class

I enjoyed my first experience in Tier 1 of DVTech Pro. I have always considered myself to be comfortable with technology but never truly a pro. With the things I learned during my first session (blogging, wikis, movie maker, smart board) I do feel like I am better than I was before. I have long believed that in order to teach children, we need to teach them in the ways they learn. Today's children live and breathe technology. It is what they know, understand and enjoy. So, knowing this, it seems that in order to keep them engaged and interested in what they are learning, technology needs to be a major component in the classroom.

I am concerned about losing the knowledge I gained in this class. I am worried I will forget how to do many of the things I learned. I guess I just need to keep doing the things I learned so I don't lose the knowledge.

I would have liked to have done more with the Smart Board. It would have been nince to see more way to integrate it into lessons and into my classroom. That is the only thing that I would have liked to have had more hands on experiences with.

No comments:

Post a Comment