Thursday, April 16, 2009

Backward Design Lesson Plan

Create a Graph

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of surveying fellow students, especially as a closure activity. It gives those kinesthetic learners and chance to get up and move. :) How do you handle having 56 students in one class?! It was good to go over a list of appropriate questions before the survey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Revolution activity that you did with the students, using thinking maps to outline the causes and effects of the events that led to the war with Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea having kids come up with the subject to graph and what type of graph to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea. I liked how you have the students pick which graph they want to do, and how they have to come up with their own questions. It really makes them have to understand the specific graphs, and why they do them.
    Your S.S. idea is great, learning cause-effect is always challenging for 5th grade. I'd love to know where you got the big post-it's.

    ReplyDelete